The Hercules Futura 45 is a very fast and capable Speed Pedelec, with the Bosch Performance Line E45 motor allowing speeds up to 45km/hour. Comes with a Bosch 500Wh battery for longer rides.
The Futura 45 comes with the right equipment to handle the roads with safety and ease:
- Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur gears with RapidFire shifter provides for fast, precise gear shifting whatever the conditions. Shimano’s premium value groupset comes with 35 years of technical experience behind it and is one of the most reliable gear systems available – used by millions of riders world-wide.
- Tektro Dorado HD-E710 hydraulic disc brakes offer the ultimate in stopping power, specially designed for the higher speeds and increased weight of electric bicycles. The standard rotors of bicycles are 1.8mm thick, but Tektro’s rotors are beefed up to a 2.3 mm thickness to handle the extra stress and dissipate heat. Tektro’s brake pads are also larger and more durable than standard bicycle disc brake pads and last longer.
- SR Suntour E-45 front suspension forks, and SR Suntour NCX suspension seat post soften road buzz and the worst of the bumps on your journey, and reduce the danger from potholes.
- Schwalbe ENERGIZER Plus Tour Greenguard tyres have a strong puncture resistant layer, and excellent grip in wet weather.
- SKS full mudguards, integrated front and rear lights and rear pannier rack round out this excellent Speed Pedelec package.
Please note that Speed Pedelecs are subject to different legal regulations to pedal assist e-bikes. If you’d like a test-ride please call in at our London, Leicester or Suffolk branches, or email us to arrange a date.
Bosch Performance Line
Bosch Performance Line System
Whether trekking, all-mountain riding or commuting: The sporty Performance Line is the perfect choice for ambitious eBikers. The finely balanced, high-performance system with a maximum torque of 63 Nm transforms eBikers into explorers and adventurers and provides the required power at any moment. Look forward to even more fun in the saddle – up to 25 km/h with the Performance Cruise drive unit or up to 45 km/h with the Speed model.
▶ Peak power: 500W (250 max continuous)
▶ Peak torque: 63 Nm
▶ Assistance level: ECO: 50%
The level of assistance ranges between 50% and 260% depending on which power level you choose; 100% assistance equates to the motor doubling your pedaling force.
Electric Bike Battery
Bosch’s lithium-ion based e-bike batteries are lightweight, compact and available in 400Wh and 500Wh capacities. With unrivaled energy density Bosch batteries offer market leading range to weight ratios whatever size you choose.
They are easy to fit and remove, and can be charged either on the bike or unlocked using its key for charging at home or work. The battery management system provides optimal protection against overload, overheating and short circuit.
Modern Bosch lithium-ion batteries do not suffer from ‘memory effect’ or self-discharge issues. Your battery will charge to 50% in about 2 hours, depending on the charger and battery capacity.
Electric Bike Display & Assistance Control
The Bosch Intuvia display gives you all the information needed to monitor and adjust your e-bike. The illuminated screen is clearly visible under all lighting conditions and the separate thumb switch enables you to switch between assistance levels while keeping your hands safely on the handlebar. As well as speed, range, battery level and trip functions the display also shows you when its time to change gear for optimal range performance.