Light and fast, the BLACK ADDER 29 E is the ideal E-MTB for training and all-terrain trips. With the BLACK ADDER, pros of the BULLS Team regularly celebrate championship titles and victories at the toughest MTB marathon races. Equipped with the powerful BOSCH Performance Line CX e-bike system, this carbon framed hard-tail electric mountain bike becomes an off-road racer in a class of its own.
The 29-inch wheels suit a taller rider – they allow for better traction, more efficient acceleration and better rolling performance. The steep motor angle allows for more ground clearance. The battery pack and motor are mounted low on the frame for an optimal centre of gravity. 10 Speed shifting is provided by the top-of-the-line Shimano Deore XT derailleur, and Magura hydraulic disc brakes provide excellent stopping power and modulation. With a weight of under 20 kg, the BLACK ADDER 29 E sets real standards.
If you’d like a test-ride please call in at our London, Leicester or Suffolk branches, or email us to arrange a date.
Bosch Performance Line CX
The Performance Line CX is the most powerful motor from Bosch. With a maximum torque of 75 Nm, the Performance Line CX is the ideal drive for ambitious and demanding eBikers. In eMTB mode, you always receive the required power – from Tour to Turbo. Up to 300% of perfectly delivered support, incredible dynamism and unique grip provide the best possible support on all terrains, as well as improved start-up behaviour. The progressive motor support automatically adapts to the individual’s riding style, so there is no need to change support modes in eMTB mode.
- Direct flow. Perfect support as soon as you step onto the pedals means that starting on steep slopes is significantly easier.
- No trigger. Thanks to the new eMTB mode, there is no need to change support modes, so the rider can concentrate fully on the trail
- Trail Control. Enables effortless riding and optimal traction thanks to improved control, even on challenging uphill sections or when encountering difficult obstacles.
- Maximum momentum. A torque of up to 75 Nm ensures sporty acceleration even in alpine terrain, without changing gear.
- More walk-assistance power. Stronger support up to speeds of 6 km/h makes pushing your bike much easier. Available from autumn 2018 and backwards compatible for all Performance Line CX systems.
- eMTB mode. For a powerful start uphill and in rough terrain. Improved moving-off behaviour guarantees optimal support in all terrains and on any trail. Noticeably easier, sporty starting as soon as you step onto the pedals.
▶ Peak power: 500W (250 max continuous)
▶ Peak torque: 75 Nm
The eMTB mode replaces the former sport mode with the Performance Line CX and varies between ‘Tour’ mode and ‘Turbo’. A maximum torque of up to 75 Nm strenghtens the motor and the rider’s personal contribution between 120% and 300%.
Depending on the pedal pressure the progressive motor support adjusts automatically to the individual’s riding characteristics. Without shifting gears the engine supports even slight pedal revolutions constantly with ideal performance. The ride on steep slopes is almost effortless. This ensures a natural riding sensation and maximum performance on the trail.